Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites
Total TimePrep: 1-1/2 hours + standing
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 5 cups miniature pretzels
- 1 jar (18 ounces) chunky peanut butter
- 26 ounces milk chocolate candy coating, melted
- In a microwave, melt caramels with butter and water; stir until smooth. Spread one side of each pretzel with 1 teaspoon peanut butter; top with 1/2 teaspoon caramel mixture. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate until set.
- Using a small fork, dip each pretzel into melted chocolate coating until completely covered; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 92 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 62mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Dec 11, 2014
These are the best! My daughter and I team up to make them which makes it more fun. It's a good thing it makes so many as they go pretty fast around here.
Dec 19, 2011
This recipe is great, delicious and makes alot!
Dec 17, 2011
I've been making these for the past few years and they are absolutely wonderful. They are very time consuming, but worth it. I find using a metal baby spoon to put on the peanut butter and carmel works very well. I also use a package of white almond bark and a package of semi sweet chocolate chips as my dipping chocolate.
Dec 13, 2011
does anyone know if this would work with milk chocolate chips or chocolate wafers?
Dec 23, 2010
These were amazing! The only issue I had was that the chocolate kept hardening before I could dip all the pretzels and I had to keep re-melting it. Next time I will use a slow cooker to keep the chocolate melted.
Dec 11, 2010
I make these goodies every year for Christmas and they are always a big hit with our family. I always make an extra batch for my husband and me because these go so quickly! I use creamy peanut butter instead of the chunky because of our family's preference. Still turns out great and tastes very yummy!!! :)
Dec 1, 2010
These taste fabulous, but what a time consuming process.
Nov 30, 2010
These are fabulous! Instead of purchasing gifts for teachers, we bake for them. These pretzel bites are a hit with everyone who has received them, and I get requests for these each holiday season! The kids all get involved in making these with alot of "taste testing" going on while we're making them! Enjoy!!
Oct 25, 2008
very yummy, makes alot though. i just melted the peanut butter and slowly poured it over the pretzels (after i lined them all up on the wax paper). i did the same for the caramel too.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.