Peanut Butter Praline Pie
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 45 wafers)
- 6 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- PRALINE LAYER:
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package (3 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 package (10 or 11 ounces) peanut butter chips
- 1 cup whipped topping
- Pecan halves and additional whipped topping
- In a large bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, cocoa and confectioners' sugar; stir in butter. Press into a 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugars and cornstarch. Add butter and water. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Stir in pecans. Pour into crust; refrigerate.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine pudding mix and milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Remove from the heat. Stir in peanut butter chips until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Fold in whipped topping; spoon over praline layer. Refrigerate until set. Garnish with pecans and additional whipped topping.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 613 calories, 36g fat (17g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 389mg sodium, 66g carbohydrate (45g sugars, 5g fiber), 11g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 18, 2014
This was a good pie, but it just wasn't as fabulous as I was expecting it to be. The crust might have gotten a little over-done at 10 minutes in my oven. I think I would have enjoyed it more if the peanut butter filling had a more "homemade" taste to it. Something just wasn't rich in that part. I would make the crust again to use with a different filling.
May 15, 2009
Sounds yummy! I love Reese's candy anway it comes, pralines & carmel are my favorite, also! Sometime I'll follow originalrecipe & sometimes dalamy's recipe. Not sure if my husband will eat this. Doesn't like his chocolate & peanut butter mixed but the girls at cards will love it!DarGold Canyon, AZ
Jan 13, 2008
The Peanut Butter Praline Pie was FABULOUS - and CREAMY - every time I made it! I used a Nutter Butter crust (24 crushed Nutter Butters mixed with 5 Tablespoons melted butter) and a peanut butter graham cracker crust (1/4 cup melted peanut butter, 3 Tablespoons melted butter, 1-1/4 cups crushed graham crackers, 2 Tablespoons sugar). I topped the pie with a ganache sauce (8 ounces of chopped Hershey's Symphony bar with Almonds and Toffee Chips melted in 3/4 cream) - just beacuse I love the peanut butter and chocolate combination! Betcha couldn't guess that my favorite candy bar is the Reese's Peanut Butter Easter Egg!