Peanut Butter Pork Curry
- 2 pork tenderloins (3/4 pound each), cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup sliced fresh carrots
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup cream of coconut or coconut milk
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Cooked brown rice
- 1. Sprinkle pork with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add pork; cook and stir until no longer pink, 4-6 minutes. Remove.
- 2. In same skillet, cook carrots and onion until softened, 4-6 minutes. Add garlic; cook 2 minutes. Return pork to skillet. Add tomatoes and broth. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 6-8 minutes.
- 3. Stir in cream of coconut, peanut butter, curry and cayenne and remaining salt until smooth. Simmer, uncovered, until thickened slightly, about 2 minutes. Serve with brown rice.
1 cup: 463 calories, 24g fat (9g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 837mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 4g fiber), 29g protein.
Sep 30, 2018I roughly followed the recipe, left out the broth but added some cubed plantains. Everybody loved it, thanks for the idea!
Nov 4, 2016
My husband and I both really liked this dish. I used the coconut cream which was a first for me. I will make this again!
Oct 27, 2016
I usually don't bother to rate or review recipes but I had to rate this one. I would give it 10 stars if I could. I have served it to several different dinner guests and they have all asked for the recipe. The dish is very flavorful and it is so easy to make. It is one of my favorite recipes on this website.
Sep 28, 2016
I substituted chicken for pork, and added ginger. I also cooked it in the slow cooker and it came out amazing. Totally recommend this dish!
Aug 27, 2016
I made this dish exactly as written, and we did not like it at all. It was easy to make, and I had all the ingredients on hand, but the flavor was just not right. We did not like the peanut butter with the curry.
Aug 24, 2016
A good basic curry dish with easy-to-find ingredients (I had everything in my kitchen!). I used chicken instead of pork as this was the protein I had on-hand, but made the rest of the dish exactly as written. The sauce is rich (I used coconut milk) and flavorful. For those who have never used peanut butter in curries or similar dishes, it adds a great depth of flavor but is not terribly sweet when blended with the other ingredients and flavors.