Peanut Butter Popcorn Crunch
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
Makesabout 4 quarts
- 12 cups popped popcorn
- 4 cups miniature pretzels
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups chocolate-covered peanuts
- In a large bowl, combine popcorn and pretzels; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, honey and corn syrup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in peanut butter and vanilla. Pour over popcorn mixture and toss to coat. Pour into two greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans.
- Bake, uncovered, at 250° for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes. Break into clusters; place in a large bowl. Add chocolate-covered peanuts; mix well. Cool completely.
Dec 8, 2012
Well, I must say that this recipe did not live up to my expectations. Although my batch is edible, I will not make it again. I watched it closely in the oven but had no trouble with it burning. I simply was disappointed with the flavor. I think the next time I will simply use my regular caramel popcorn recipe and add the pretzels and M&Ms to that. I actually made this recipe for gifts and am a bit embarrassed to be giving it.
Sep 28, 2011
Makes a great Christmas gift.
Mar 26, 2011
Loved this recipe! I also baked in 9x13 pans and adjusted time to 45 mins. Came out perfect!
Dec 21, 2009
I made two batches for gifts, and really liked it. I didn't have trouble with it burning, I put it in two 9x13 pans instead of two 15x13x1, so maybe it was a little thicker and made a difference. I also added craisins. Had a good flavor!
Dec 20, 2009
I would not make this again , it burned and just did not have a good taste.
Oct 29, 2009
I've made this recipe the last two Christmases to give as gifts. Great tasting- everyone who receives, it loves it!
Dec 22, 2008
This was not very good at all. One pan of popcorn mix burnt while the other one (pampered chef) did not. They both baked the same amount of time. Not sure what went wrong here. This had too much of a honey taste, which I do not like. I really was looking forward to this because I like peanut butter flavored anything (almost). The concept was a nice thought, but turned out disasterous. Will not make again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.