Peanut Butter Pinecones
Total TimePrep: 1 hour + chilling
Makesabout 2 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1-3/4 cups sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- In a small bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Stir in cracker crumbs and ground almonds. Shape rounded tablespoonfuls of dough into a cone shape; chill until easy to handle.
- Insert pointed end of sliced almonds into dough to resemble a pinecone; place on waxed paper-lined pans. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth.
- Insert a toothpick into the bottom of each pinecone. Holding over a bowl, spoon melted chocolate over almonds (if needed, use another toothpick to spread the chocolate to completely cover almonds). Return to waxed paper-lined pan; chill until firm. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 221 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 98mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Oct 24, 2011
I made these by simply dipping in the chocolate. I did not do the additional step of decorating them with the almonds and they were very good. However, the recipe made almost double the 26 serving listed...guess I made them smaller. Quite tasty; the peanut butter flavor really comes thru