Peanut Butter Owl Cookies
'Who' wouldn't love these adorable cookies? Using a roll-out refrigerated cookie dough, chocolate-chip eyes and a candy-corn nose, they're a cinch to assemble. If you don't have chocolate chips on hand, use M&M's instead for a kid-friendly fall treat. -Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tube (18 ounces) refrigerated peanut butter cookie dough
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 18 yellow candy coating disks
- 18 semisweet chocolate chips
- 9 pieces candy corn
- In a large bowl, beat cookie dough and flour until combined. Set aside 4-1/2 teaspoons of dough for the ears. Drop dough by 1/4 cupfuls into nine mounds 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Coat the bottom of a glass with cooking spray; flatten dough with glass to about 1/8-in. thickness.
- Position two candy coating disks on each cookie for eyes. Place a chocolate chip on each disk. Use 1/4 teaspoon of reserved dough to shape each ear; position on top of head.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately position a piece of candy corn on each cookie for beak. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Owl Cookies in Quick Cooking September/October 2005