You won't believe how easy it is to whip up these soft chewy treats. "Our kids just adore these cookies and ask for them often," says Patty Faussett of Tucson, Arizona.
Recommended: 27 People Foods to Share With Your Dog
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup wheat bran
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the remaining ingredients; stir into creamed mixture and mix well.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 3 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 5 dozen.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Oat Cookies in Quick Cooking January/February 2004, p22