Peanut Butter ‘n’ Jelly Mini Muffins
Kids love these mini jelly-filled treats...and so do adults. Packed with peanut butter flavor, they're a fun and easy way to start off the day...or to share as an after-school snack. -Vickie Barrow, Edenton, North Carolina
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons strawberry or grape jelly
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, beat the eggs, yogurt, peanut butter and oil on low speed until smooth; stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined miniature muffin cups half full. Top each with 1/4 teaspoon jelly and remaining batter.
- Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm.
Editor's Note: Muffins may be baked in regular-size muffin cups for 16-18 minutes; use 3/4 teaspoon jelly for each instead of 1/4 teaspoon. Recipe makes 10 muffins.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 168 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 208mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Peanut Butter 'n' Jelly Mini Muffins in Quick Cooking September/October 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.