Peanut Butter Lover’s Cake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + cooling Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 3 eggs
- 1-2/3 cups sugar, divided
- 1-1/2 cups milk, divided
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING:
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1-1/2 cups peanut butter
- 1/4 cup salted peanuts, chopped
- 3 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each), broken into squares
- In a small saucepan, whisk 1 egg until blended. Stir in 2/3 cup sugar, 1/2 cup milk and chocolate. Cook and stir over medium heat until chocolate is melted and mixture just comes to a boil. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and remaining sugar until light and fluffy. Add remaining eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with remaining milk, beating well after each addition. Stir in chocolate mixture.
- Pour into three greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, beat cream cheese in a large bowl until smooth. Gradually add milk and peanut butter until creamy. Spread between layers and over top and sides of cooled cake. Sprinkle with peanuts. Garnish with candy bars. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 610 calories, 34g fat (12g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 427mg sodium, 64g carbohydrate (44g sugars, 3g fiber), 15g protein.
Jul 2, 2017
We love peanut butter and chocolate together, but I had trouble with the icing. Love the flavor though!!
Jun 13, 2013
The peanut butter cream cheese icing is to die for on this cake! It is the stuff dreams are made of!! Keep a check on the cake, as you don't want it to be overdone, which makes it dry. Yum!
Nov 20, 2011
I've made this many times and it's always a hit. My granddaughter always request this cake for her birthday.
Jan 21, 2010
This was good
Jan 25, 2008
i to love anything made of peanut butterand this looks soooooo good
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.