Peanut Butter-Honey Bars
If you're in a hurry in the morning, just one of these bars with a glass of milk gets you started on the right foot. And if you have a hungry crew to feed, the recipe can be easily doubled.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2/3 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 3 cups fruit and fiber cereal (any flavor)
- In a large bowl, combine the peanut butter, eggs and honey until smooth. Stir in milk powder. Add cereal; toss to coat.
- Spread in a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 325° for 20 minutes (mixture may look damp). Cool and cut into bars. Store in refrigerator.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat peanut butter is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 434 calories, 21g fat (4g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 251mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 4g fiber), 17g protein.
Originally published as Peanut Butter-Honey Bars in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.