Peanut Butter Freezer Pie
It's hard to believe a pie this creamy and melt-in-your-mouth delicious could be low in fat and calories. Thanks to Melissa Newman in Danville, Pennsylvania for the recipe.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (8 inches)
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and milk until smooth. Beat in confectioners' sugar and peanut butter. Refrigerate 1/2 cup whipped topping for garnish. Beat 1/2 cup whipped topping into peanut butter mixture; fold in remaining whipped topping. Set aside 8 teaspoons chocolate chips for garnish; fold remaining chips into filling.
- Spoon filling into crust. Cover and freeze for 3-4 hours or until firm. Remove from the freezer 20 minutes before serving. Garnish each slice with 1 tablespoon whipped topping and 1 teaspoon chocolate chips.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 393 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 350mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 3g fiber), 11g protein.
Originally published as Aunt Buck's Peanut Butter Pie in Light & Tasty October/November 2006