Peanut Butter Fingers with Dates and Walnuts
This recipe was packed away in my recipe box for years—the first time I made it, it won grand prize in a holiday cooking contest! I can still remember the first chocolate treat I made—fudge that was quite grainy, but Dad managed to eat it and tell me how good it was.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 2 cups peanut butter
- 2 cups ground pitted dates
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Place peanut butter, dates, sugar, walnuts and butter in a large bowl; mix well. Shape into "fingers" and place on baking sheets; freeze until firm.
- Meanwhile, melt chocolate chips in a double boiler or microwave. Insert a toothpick into each end of a frozen finger and dip into chocolate. Set on waxed paper to harden. Keep refrigerated.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Fingers in Sweet and Scrumptious Chocolate