- 1 package fudge brownie mix (8-inch square pan size)
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare brownie batter according to package directions; stir in chocolate chips. For filling, in a small bowl, beat peanut butter, cream cheese, egg and sugar until smooth.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups one-third full with batter. Drop filling by teaspoonfuls into the center of each cupcake. Cover with remaining batter.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in brownie portion comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust tops with confectioners' sugar. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews forPeanut Butter-Filled Brownie Cupcakes
"I made them following the recipe exactly, they were amazing. My friend who doesn't eat sweets fell in love with them. Now I'm making my second batch for a neighbor."
"easy and delicious, my husband shared these with some of his co workers needless to say they were gone in an instant, everyone loved them. I liked this recipe as I had everything on hand to make them. No special grocery store trips!"
"These cupcakes are really good. The peanut butter filling is creamy, while the brownie is moist. I made one change to the recipe using my homemade brownie batter instead of the packaged brownie mix. I had extra batter so I just baked it in a separate pan making actual brownies."
"A definite keeper! I made two batches of these for two separate functions at school. They were a hit. Another reviewer mentioned they had made a mini version. That's what I did and they were amazing. Very rich so a mini version is perfect. Keep an eye on the baking time if you make the minis. I put 1/2 - 1 tsp of brownie batter in the mini cup, topped with 1/4 tsp of peanut butter mixture then 1/2 - 1 tsp brownie batter on top. Some peanut butter came through but it just made for an interesting look. When I made minis I got 48. Perfect for a crowd! This Volunteer Field Editor highly recommends this recipe."
"These look amazing and I was all in until I got to the cream cheese ingredient. Was wondering if I could sub the cream cheese filling for a mixture of peanut butter and powdered sugar. Any thoughts?"
"Even when I made a mistake these were great! The first time I made these I forgot to add the sugar to the cream cheese mix. No one could tell! I now make them the correct way. When I make them I use a full/family size brownie box and double the cream cheese filling. The end result is a total of 30 cupcakes. This is the kind of recipe that the most difficult part is waiting for them to cool"
"My diet-conscious son ate two!"
"Delicious! & I love that you are from Chambersburg!(where I was born & my grandparents live)"
"Everytime (which has been many) I make these delicious cupcakes I am asked for the incredible recipe."
"Pretty awesome. I made in little mini muffin tins and they were super good."