- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded peeled zucchini
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- In a bowl, cream the shortening, peanut butter and sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in zucchini. Combine dry ingredients; add to the zucchini mixture. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 5-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forPeanut Butter Drops
"Good base of a recipe. I made quite a few modifications by using 1 cup whole wheat flour and 2 cups AP flour. I removed a good bit of the shorten and used more peanut butter 1 1/2 cup with 1/4 cup cup of shorten and 2 TB flaxseed. You cannot even tell there is zucchini in these once they are cooled."
"We make these all the time and always get rave reviews! They're even great frozen."
"I also used smooth peanut butter and added semi-sweet chocolate chips. They are very moist, this is a keeper!"
"These are GREAT! I used smooth peanut butter and did not peel the zucchini."