Peanut Butter Cups
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup shortening
- In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, peanut butter, brown sugar, butter and vanilla; cover and set aside.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Pour teaspoonfuls into paper-lined muffin cups.
- Drop a rounded teaspoonful of peanut butter mixture into each cup; top with another teaspoonful of chocolate mixture. Refrigerate until set. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 182 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 41mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Sep 15, 2016
used this recipe for yrs love it i always had more peanut butter though my family loves peanut butter
Oct 7, 2012
I only had crunchy peanut butter and it did not work well. I had to double the amount of peanut butter (which in effect cut the sugar in half!) and add more butter to get a decent consistency. My husband tasted it and gave it approval. If I make them again, I will add honey to get a thinner consistency. Only use a teaspoon of chocolate and spread it thin on the bottom, I used too much and ran out.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.