Peanut Butter Cup Napoleons
Top layers of puff pastry and peanut butter ice cream with a warm, sweet drizzle the whole family will love! It’s a terrific last-minute dessert, or you can freeze the cooled pastry and scooped ice cream separately in an airtight container the day before you serve it. —Jeanne Holt, Mendota Heights, Minnesota
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 cups peanut butter ice cream with peanut butter cup pieces, softened
- 3/4 cup butterscotch-caramel ice cream topping
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup chopped chocolate-covered peanuts
- Preheat oven to 400°. Unfold puff pastry. Cut into eight
- 4-1/2x2-1/4-in. rectangles. Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Scoop 1/2 cup ice cream onto each of four pastries. Top with remaining pastries. Freeze until serving.
- Combine ice cream topping and peanut butter in a small microwave-safe bowl. Cover and cook on high 30-45 seconds or until warmed. Drizzle over napoleons and sprinkle with peanuts.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 994 calories, 54g fat (21g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 507mg sodium, 112g carbohydrate (56g sugars, 8g fiber), 18g protein.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Cup Napoleons in Simple & Delicious February/March 2013