- 1 tube (16-1/2 ounces) refrigerated peanut butter cookie dough
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts
- Press cookie dough into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10-14 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and center is set. Sprinkle with marshmallows; bake 4-5 minutes longer or just until marshmallows are puffed. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter. Cook and stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in cereal and peanuts. Drop by spoonfuls over top; gently spread over marshmallows. Cool and cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews forPeanut Butter Crispy Bars
"I changed it slightly and used homemade peanut butter cookie dough but other than that I kept it the same. I followed the tip for letting the marshmallows set more and really liked how they turned out so I'd recommend t3ddymac's tip too! Really easy recipe, would be fun to make with kids too and I don't know about calling them s'mores.. they were s'gones in my house!"
"Great dessert. Made it for a BBQ and it went in NO TIME!I refer to them as Crispy Peanut Butter S'mores!The only thing I would do differently, is allow the marshmallows to cool longer than 5 minutes (more like 15) so they can set and you are not swirling the chocolate into the marshmallow.Also, getting the chocolate NICE AND HOT (not burnt) helps increase its "spreadability"."
"I got so excited when I saw this recipe as I love anything with peanut butter (peanut paste we call it in Australia) but ... and this is why I have rated the recipe so low ... we do not get refrigerated peanut butter cookie dough here in Australia. I know that you cannot know everything about what is sold or not sold in Australia but if you could please supply alternative ingredients for things such as this, that would be fabulous. I would so love to try this recipe but cannot."