Peanut Butter Cream Dessert
"With a few minor changes to the original cookies-and-cream recipe, I can please the peanut butter lovers in my family," writes Mary Ann Saam. The Cridersville, Ohio cook uses instant pudding mix, frozen whipped topping and store-bought sandwich cookies to hurry along preparation.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 2-1/4 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (3.3 ounces each) instant white chocolate pudding mix
- 2-1/2 cups whipped topping
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup chopped peanut butter-filled sandwich cookies
- Whipped cream in a can and chopped peanuts, optional
- In a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes; let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold in whipped topping; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in pudding mixture. Spoon into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Sprinkle with cookie crumbs. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Cut into squares. Garnish with whipped cream and chopped peanuts if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 264 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 265mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Cookies 'n' Cream in Quick Cooking May/June 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.