Peanut Butter Cocoa Bonbons
I'm a minister's wife and also have a candy-making business. This yummy pairing of peanut butter and chocolate produced terrific treats for a recent fellowship. Everyone commented on the flavor and quickly emptied my tray.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped peanuts
- 1 package (10 ounces) peanut butter chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, cocoa and vanilla until smooth. Stir in peanuts. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate, uncovered, for 1 hour. Shape into 1-in. balls; return to baking sheet. Refrigerate, uncovered, for 3 hours or until firm.
- In a microwave or heavy saucepan, melt peanut butter chips and shortening; stir until smooth and blended. Dip balls and place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Chill until firm. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 258 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 87mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Cocoa Bonbons in Country Woman Christmas 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.