Peanut Butter Chocolate Tart
I've been submitted recipes to Taste of Home contests for years, but never dreamed that I would win! Anyone who loves peanut butter cups will be in heaven when they take a bite of this rich, sensational tart. While it looks spectacular, it is very easy to put together. —Mary Ann Lee, Clifton Park, New York
Total TimePrep: 40 min. + chilling
- 1 package (9 ounces) chocolate wafers
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup chopped salted peanuts
- In a food processor, place the wafers, peanut butter chips and sugar; cover and process until finely crushed. Stir in melted butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat peanut butter, butter and cream cheese until fluffy. Add the confectioners’ sugar, corn syrup and vanilla; beat until smooth. Pour into crust. Refrigerate while making ganache.
- Place chocolate chips in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring the cream, sugar and corn syrup just to a boil. Pour over chips; whisk until melted and smooth. Pour over filling. Sprinkle with peanuts. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 448 calories, 32g fat (15g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 299mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Peanut Butter and Chocolate Tart in Taste of Home Cookbook Contest 2010/2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.