Peanut Butter Chocolate Parfaits
If you're looking for a super dessert that can be made a day ahead, try these parfaits. They contain the popular flavor combination of peanut butter and chocolate and are topped off with whipped cream. Yum! —Mary Ann Lee, Clifton Park, New York
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 1-1/2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large egg yolks, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup hot fudge ice cream topping
- 3 tablespoons chopped salted peanuts
- Chocolate curls
- Sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Microwave on high for 20 seconds. Stir and let stand for 1 minute or until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- In a small heavy saucepan, heat the milk, sugar, peanut butter and butter until bubbles form around sides of pan. Whisk a small amount of hot mixture into the egg yolks. Return all to the pan, whisking constantly.
- Cook and stir over low heat until mixture is thickened and coats the back of a spoon. Stir in gelatin mixture and vanilla. Quickly transfer to a bowl; place in ice water and stir for 10 minutes or until cold and thickened.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until soft peaks form. Fold half into peanut butter mixture.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon ice cream topping into each of six parfait glasses. Top with 1/4 cup peanut butter mixture. Repeat layers. Top with remaining whipped cream; sprinkle with peanuts and chocolate curls. Chill until serving.