My Aunt Mary developed this recipe when she was a cook at a parochial school that had an abundance of federal surplus peanut butter. It has grown into a family favorite.
Recommended: 48 No-Bake, No-Stress Potluck Desserts
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a small saucepan, combine the corn syrup and sugar. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Remove from the heat; stir in peanut butter until melted and blended. Stir in vanilla. Fold in the cereal, marshmallows and chips; stir until blended. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square dish. Cool; cut into squares. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Peanut Butter Treats in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p296