Peanut Butter Chocolate Crispies
My Aunt Mary developed this recipe when she was a cook at a parochial school that had an abundance of federal surplus peanut butter. It has grown into a family favorite.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a small saucepan, combine the corn syrup and sugar. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Remove from the heat; stir in peanut butter until melted and blended. Stir in vanilla. Fold in the cereal, marshmallows and chips; stir until blended. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square dish. Cool; cut into squares.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 262 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 164mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Chocolate Peanut Butter Treats in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.