Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter, divided
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter, sugars and 1/4 cup peanut butter. Added egg and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour, cocoa and baking soda; add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Blend confectioners' sugar with remaining peanut butter until smooth. Roll into 24 balls, 1 in. each. Divide dough into 24 pieces; flatten each into a 3-in. circle.
- Place one peanut butter ball on each circle; bring edges over to completely cover it. (Dough may crack; reshape cookies as needed.) Place cookies with seam side down on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten each cookie slightly with the bottom of a glass dipped in sugar. Bake at 375° for 7-9 minutes or until set.
2 each: 363 calories, 19g fat (7g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 238mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.