- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup brewed coffee, room temperature
- PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING:
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Miniature semisweet chocolate chips, optional
- In a mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat for 2 minutes. Stir in coffee (batter will be thin). Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For frosting, beat the cream cheese and peanut butter in a mixing bowl until smooth. Beat in sugar, milk and vanilla. Spread over cake. Sprinkle with chocolate chips if desired. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews forPeanut Butter Chocolate Cake
"This is a moderately moist cake—a scaled down version of my mother’s mocha cake which you could have used for weight lifting because it was so moist and dense. The peanut butter icing is delicious and not too sweet. My one adjustment for next time is that I will make sure I use VERY strong coffee to bring out the mocha flavor a bit more."
"This cake was pretty good. I made a half batch in a 7x8 glass dish, and it turned out fine. I didn't halve the frosting, and that amount was more than needed (but probably not twice as much as needed). We were in a hurry, so I served it warm and spooned frosting over each piece. "Warm" was the best part!"
"Love this go to recipe. I make this a lot when I crave chocolate and Peanut butter."
"These were delicious. I was a little worried with how thin the batter was, but they turned out fantastic. I turned the cake into cupcakes (makes 20 cupcakes) and doubled the icing."
"Awesome cake and frosting. Will be a "keeper" recipe."
"I use this for cupcakes all of the time. Everyone loves them."