Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup brewed coffee, room temperature
- PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING:
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Miniature semisweet chocolate chips, optional
- 1. In a mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat for 2 minutes. Stir in coffee (batter will be thin). Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 2. For frosting, beat the cream cheese and peanut butter in a mixing bowl until smooth. Beat in sugar, milk and vanilla. Spread over cake. Sprinkle with chocolate chips if desired. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 piece: 365 calories, 15g fat (3g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 308mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake
"This cake was pretty good. I made a half batch in a 7x8 glass dish, and it turned out fine. I didn't halve the frosting, and that amount was more than needed (but probably not twice as much as needed). We were in a hurry, so I served it warm and spooned frosting over each piece. "Warm" was the best part!"
"Love this go to recipe. I make this a lot when I crave chocolate and Peanut butter."
"These were delicious. I was a little worried with how thin the batter was, but they turned out fantastic. I turned the cake into cupcakes (makes 20 cupcakes) and doubled the icing."
"Awesome cake and frosting. Will be a "keeper" recipe."
"I use this for cupcakes all of the time. Everyone loves them."