Peanut Butter Chocolate Balls
These peanut butter and chocolate treats will be a hit with kids of all ages. And the chopped peanut outer layer gives them a pretty finishing touch.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + freezing
- 1 cup peanut butter and milk chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup whipped topping
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1/4 cup chopped salted peanuts
- In a small saucepan, melt peanut butter and chocolate chips over low heat. Transfer to a small bowl and cool to lukewarm, about 7 minutes. Beat in whipped topping. Place in the freezer for 15 minutes or until firm enough to form into balls.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt milk chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip balls in chocolate and place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with peanuts. Refrigerate until firm. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with peanut butter and milk chocolate chips that come together in one bag (not the swirled chips). If your store does not carry them, buy peanut butter chips and milk chocolate chips individually, using 1/2 cup of each.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 154 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 43mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.