Peanut Butter Chicken Tenders Recipe
These delicious chicken skewers are brushed with a delightful peanut butter and ginger-lime sauce, then grilled to tender perfection. Billie Moss from Walnut Creek, California submitted the recipe.
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon sunflower kernels
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients. Cook and stir over medium-high heat for 3 minutes or until smooth. Remove from the heat; set aside 2 tablespoons sauce for serving.
- 2. Slice chicken lengthwise into 1-in. strips; thread onto metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 2 minutes; turn and brush with remaining sauce. Continue turning and basting for 4-6 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
- 3. Place cabbage on a serving plate; top with skewers. Sprinkle with celery and sunflower kernels. Serve with reserved sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 421 calories, 21g fat (4g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 518mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 43g protein.
Reviews for Peanut Butter Chicken Tenders
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC