These delicious chicken skewers are brushed with a delightful peanut butter and ginger-lime sauce, then grilled to tender perfection. Billie Moss from Walnut Creek, California submitted the recipe.
Recommended: 45 Recipes for Peanut Butter Lovers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon sunflower kernels
- In a small saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients. Cook and stir over medium-high heat for 3 minutes or until smooth. Remove from the heat; set aside 2 tablespoons sauce for serving.
- Slice chicken lengthwise into 1-in. strips; thread onto metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, uncovered, over medium-high heat or broil 6 in. from the heat for 2 minutes; turn and brush with remaining sauce. Continue turning and basting for 4-6 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Place cabbage on a serving plate; top with skewers. Sprinkle with celery and sunflower kernels. Serve with reserved sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Chicken Tenders in Cooking for 2 Summer 2007, p21