Peanut Butter Cereal Bars
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 cups Rice Chex
- 1-1/2 cups salted peanuts
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line a 13-in. x 9-in. pan with foil and grease the foil with butter; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the cereal and nuts; set aside. In a microwave-safe 1-qt. bowl, combine the sugar and corn syrup. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 20-40 seconds. Stir and cook 3-5 minutes longer or until sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in peanut butter and vanilla until smooth. Pour sugar mixture over cereal and nuts; stir to coat. Press into the prepared pan. Refrigerate until set.
- Using foil, lift out of pan. Discard foil; cut into bars.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 143 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 112mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Jun 21, 2019
These were a great tasting bar. perfect combo of sweet and salty. My brother devoured them. I like the idea of chocolate on top. I might try that next time, cause I know there will be a next time.
Sep 9, 2016
These make a great sweet and salty cereal bar! It is a great change from the overly sweet marshmallow cereal treats. To dress these up a little bit you can melt some chocolate chips and drizzle a little chocolate on the top! As a volunteer field editor for taste of home magazine I enjoyed recipes that use classic flavors in a fun way.
Jan 2, 2010
they are so good, it's impossible to have one, but they are worth it