Peanut Butter Cereal Bars
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 cups Rice Chex
- 1-1/2 cups salted peanuts
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line a 13-in. x 9-in. pan with foil and grease the foil with butter; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the cereal and nuts; set aside. In a microwave-safe 1-qt. bowl, combine the sugar and corn syrup. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 20-40 seconds. Stir and cook 3-5 minutes longer or until sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in peanut butter and vanilla until smooth. Pour sugar mixture over cereal and nuts; stir to coat. Press into the prepared pan. Refrigerate until set.
- Using foil, lift out of pan. Discard foil; cut into bars.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with an 850-watt microwave.
This recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 143 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 112mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Sep 9, 2016
These make a great sweet and salty cereal bar! It is a great change from the overly sweet marshmallow cereal treats. To dress these up a little bit you can melt some chocolate chips and drizzle a little chocolate on the top! As a volunteer field editor for taste of home magazine I enjoyed recipes that use classic flavors in a fun way.
Jan 2, 2010
they are so good, it's impossible to have one, but they are worth it
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.