Peanut Butter Candies
No one will believe you created the chocolate-covered bites in time for dinner. Or, whip some up to include on your cookie tray when entertaining. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makesabout 1 dozen
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, peanut butter and confectioners' sugar until blended. Beat in cracker crumbs. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Carefully spoon a small amount of chocolate mixture over each candy. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 110 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 69mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Candies in Quick Cooking November/December 2004
Nov 7, 2010
i made these before i had my son and loved them. unfortunately, my son has a peanut allergy. i have made these using SunButter (made from sunflower seeds) and we still love them.