Peanut Butter Brownie Pie
Love chocolate and peanut butter? A brownie crust paired with a rich, creamy filling celebrates the classic combo in all its lusciousness! Fluffy whipped topping sprinkled with peanuts makes it extra indulgent.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (10-1/4 ounces) fudge brownie mix (8-inch square pan size)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 package (3 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1-3/4 cups 2% milk
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 tablespoons chopped salted peanuts
- In a large bowl, combine the brownie mix, water, oil and egg until blended. Spread into a greased 9-in. pie plate.
- Bake at 325° for 12 minutes. Using a metal spatula, spread batter up sides of pie plate. Bake 8-13 minutes longer or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine pudding mix and milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in peanut butter until blended. Transfer to a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Pour into brownie crust. Spread with whipped topping; sprinkle with peanuts. Chill for 2 hours before serving.
Editor's Notes: If you prefer, use instant pudding for the cooked pudding. Beat the milk, pudding mix and peanut butter together for 1 minute; let stand for 5 minutes. Pour into the cooled brownie crust and proceed as recipe directs. Make Ahead: Pie can be made the day before serving. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 354 calories, 19g fat (7g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 240mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Cream Pie in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.