Peanut Butter Bread Pudding
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 3 cups fat-free milk
- 1 package (3 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat peanut butter
- 4 cups cubed French bread
- 1/4 cup chopped dry roasted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, whisk the milk, pudding mix and vanilla for 2 minutes or until smooth. Add peanut butter; mix well. Add the remaining ingredients; mix gently to combine. Pour into an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until set. Cool for 5 minutes on a wire rack before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 234 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 557mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Mar 25, 2018
Loved it. Very light. I poured the peanut butter/milk mixture over bread cubes and refrigerated covered for 30 minutes. Then baked as directed. This recipe us a keeper!
Dec 2, 2009
I hate bread pudding. I made this for my family and they liked it so much I decided to give it a taste. I only wish it were lighter so we could have it more often!