Peanut Butter Bread Pudding
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 3 cups fat-free milk
- 1 package (3 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat peanut butter
- 4 cups cubed French bread
- 1/4 cup chopped dry roasted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, whisk the milk, pudding mix and vanilla for 2 minutes or until smooth. Add peanut butter; mix well. Add the remaining ingredients; mix gently to combine. Pour into an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until set. Cool for 5 minutes on a wire rack before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 234 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 557mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 25, 2018
Loved it. Very light. I poured the peanut butter/milk mixture over bread cubes and refrigerated covered for 30 minutes. Then baked as directed. This recipe us a keeper!
Dec 2, 2009
I hate bread pudding. I made this for my family and they liked it so much I decided to give it a taste. I only wish it were lighter so we could have it more often!