Peanut Butter Berry Delights
From Hays, Kansas, Rose Harman writes, "These cream-filled, chocolate-dipped berries make a fun snack for a shower or a pretty party dessert that inspires compliments."
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 5 tablespoons milk chocolate chips, melted and cooled
- 2 tablespoons whipped topping
- 20 to 25 large fresh strawberries
- 5 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper; set aside. In a small bowl, combine the peanut butter, melted milk chocolate and whipped topping.
- Beginning at the right of the stem, cut each strawberry in half diagonally. Scoop out the white portion from the larger half of each berry. Spread or pipe peanut butter mixture between the two halves; press gently.
- Place on prepared pan; refrigerate for 15 minutes or until set. Dip bottom half of berries in semisweet chocolate. Place on pan. Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes or until set.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat peanut butter is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 51 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 26mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Berry Delights in Taste of Home April/May 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.