Eleanor Smith uses peanut butter and banana to give this breakfast staple a kid-pleasing twist. "I call it 'Lightning Flash French Toat'," she writes from Hot Springs Village, Arkansas.
Recommended: 35 Recipes that Use Up Ripe Bananas
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 small firm banana, sliced
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Honey, optional
- Spread peanut butter on two slices of bread. Top with banana slices and remaining bread. In a shallow bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, cinnamon and vanilla. Dip both sides of sandwiches into egg mixture.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat; grill sandwiches on both sides until golden brown. Serve with honey if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as French Toast Sandwiches in Quick Cooking July/August 2004, p14
Reviews forPeanut Butter Banana French Toast
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 8, 2017
"This is a simple and easy recipe. You can change up the flavors by using different nut butters and fruit. You could also use cream cheese."