- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe banana
- 2 tablespoons strawberry jelly
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a small nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Whisk the eggs, water, salt and pepper. Add egg mixture to skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges).
- As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, place banana, jelly and peanut butter on one side; fold other side over filling. Slide omelet onto a plate. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 1 serving.
Reviews forPeanut Butter and Jelly Omelet
"I have been making this for years. My children loved to have friends over just so they could have friends try this dish. Now I make it for my grandchildren who even request it at restaurants. I generally don't use bananas in this recipe. It's simple, quick and delicious.."
"Wake up to a different breakfast idea! As you know, cooked eggs have a very mild flavor. When you fill 'em with warmed peanut butter, jelly and a banana you get a really unique and tasty omelet. Surprised? Give it a shot; this might become your new favorite!Taste of Home Test Kitchen"
"I'm sorry as I don't like to give a bad review but this was not good at all. These flavors just weren't meant to go together."
"I didn't even make it once. My kids, who are usually quite adventerous, said it is too gross looking and sounding. I concur."