- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/4 cups peanut butter chips
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chips.
- Spread into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Reviews forPeanut Butter 'n' Chocolate Bars
"This was a good basic bar, not too sweet. In a 15x10 pan size it was still a good size thickness for a bar cookie."
"Yummy! I made them in a 9 x 13 -- just because I wasn't paying attention! Realized my mistake after they were in the pan -- just baked them a few extra minutes. I 'frosted' them with 1 1/2 cups melted chocolate chips and 1/4 cup peanut butter. My family thinks they're GREAT!"
"I made these for a fall gathering and I had about 10 people ask for the recipe! They are so simple, but something really special. I make them often and they're always a hit. They are great slightly warm, and I like to change up the chips. Butterscotch and chocolate are actually my favorite!"