Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 3 hours
Makes1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon water (70° to 80°)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
Editor's NoteReduced-fat peanut butter is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 134 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 186mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Apr 6, 2010
I just finished a peanut butter cookie & a glass of milk. I'm glad I saw this recipe...thanks!
Apr 6, 2010
I made this bread because sounded good and was diffrent. Imade it for my family for Easter and I plan on making for a bake sale
Feb 1, 2010
Tastes wonderful, and smells so good too.
Feb 6, 2009
I made this for my children when they were young. It was always a big hit!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.