Peanut Beef Stir-Fry
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Dash pepper
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 pound), thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- In a large bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth, soy sauce, peanut butter, sugar and pepper until smooth; set aside. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry the beef, onion and celery in oil for 5-8 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 305 calories, 17g fat (5g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 609mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 11, 2014
I quite liked this dish. I made it as-is per recipe. it had a pleasant peanutty flavor and a very nice consistency. I served it over white rice and thought it was delish. Hubby, on the other hand who is very traditional liking very average flavors was not a fan at all. I think he feels peanut buter belongs on the kids' plates at lunch...that's how he is. However if you like different flavors and like to try new things, this is the dish for you. Also, super easy to prepare.
Nov 4, 2011
This was really good. I served it over rice with eggrolls on the side.
Feb 19, 2009
This was easy and so good. I sprinkled crushed peanuts on top for some extra flavor and crunch.