Peachy Turkey Meatballs
"These moist meatballs are so easy to make, and I don't have to worry about heating up my kitchen for dinner," says Brenda Thompson of Sugar Land, Texas.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pound ground turkey
- GINGER-PEACH SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup peach preserves
- 2 teaspoons golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Hot cooked rice
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well; shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place in an 8-in. square microwave-safe dish.
- In a bowl, combine the preserves, raisins, soy sauce, ketchup and ginger until blended. Pour over meatballs. Cover and microwave on high for 6-8 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Serve over rice.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 344 calories, 18g fat (6g saturated fat), 130mg cholesterol, 888mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein.
Originally published as Peachy Turkey Meatballs in Quick Cooking March/April 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.