Peachy Tossed Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
A sweet homemade dressing flecked with poppy seeds coats this green salad sent in by Tonia Booker of Gilbert, Arizona. The combination of sweet peaches, salty feta cheese, and crunchy onion and cucumber offers an array of tastes and textures.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (10 ounces) ready-to-serve salad greens
- 1 to 2 medium peaches, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion, separated into rings
- CREAMY POPPY SEED DRESSING:
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large salad bowl, combine the greens, peaches, cucumber, feta cheese and onion. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Serve with salad.