Peachy Sweet Potatoes
The microwave makes this special side a cinch to prepare. Juicy slices of fresh peach and cinnamon-sugar turn ordinary sweet potatoes into a standout recipe. Josie Bochek - Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 medium peach, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon-sugar
- Dash salt
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- Scrub and pierce potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 10-12 minutes or until tender, turning once.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the peach, butter, cinnamon-sugar and salt; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until the peach is tender. Cut an "X" in the top of each potato; fluff pulp with a fork. Spoon peach mixture into each potato. Sprinkle with pecans.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 265 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 108mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Stuffed Sweet Potatoes in Simple & Delicious September/October 2009