This is a cool and always refreshing dessert that is fancy enough to take to a gathering. You can make this ahead of time and freeze it. Make sure you wrap it in well in airtight wrap and only add the peaches and whipped cream after it thaws. —Joan Engelhardt, Latrobe, Pennsylvania
Recommended: 30 Recipes for Summer Salads
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 4 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened apple juice
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 medium ripe peaches, peeled and thinly sliced
- Pour 1 in. water into a 6-qt. slow cooker. Layer two 24-in. pieces of foil; roll up lengthwise to make a 1-in.-thick roll. Shape into a ring; place in slow cooker to make a rack.
- Grease a 6-in. springform pan; place on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square). Wrap securely around pan.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheeses and sugar until smooth. Beat in sour cream, apple juice, flour and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Pour into prepared pan. Center pan on foil rack, not allowing sides to touch slow cooker. Cover slow cooker with a double layer of white paper towels; place lid securely over towels. Cook, covered, on low 2-1/2 hours.
- Turn off slow cooker, but do not remove lid. Let stand 1 hour. Remove springform pan from slow cooker; remove foil from pan. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack 1 hour.
- Loosen sides from pan with a knife. Refrigerate overnight, covering when cooled. To serve, remove rim from springform pan. Serve with peaches. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Peachy Summer Cheesecake in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2017, p87