This cool and always refreshing dessert is lightened up a bit but still fancy enough to take to a gathering. You can make it ahead of time and freeze it—just wrap it well in airtight wrap, and only add the peaches after it thaws. —Joan Engelhardt, Latrobe, Pennsylvania
Recommended: The 75 Best Ways to Enjoy Farmer’s Market Peaches
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 4 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened apple juice
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 medium ripe peaches, peeled and thinly sliced
- Pour 1 in. water into a 6-qt. slow cooker. Layer two 24-in. pieces of foil; roll up lengthwise to make a 1-in.-thick roll. Shape into a ring; place in slow cooker to make a rack.
- Grease a 6-in. springform pan; place on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square). Wrap securely around pan.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheeses and sugar until smooth. Beat in sour cream, apple juice, flour and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Pour into prepared pan. Center pan on foil rack, not allowing sides to touch slow cooker. Cover slow cooker with a double layer of white paper towels; place lid securely over towels. Cook, covered, on low 2-1/2 hours.
- Turn off slow cooker, but do not remove lid. Let stand 1 hour. Remove springform pan from slow cooker; remove foil from pan. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack 1 hour.
- Loosen sides from pan with a knife. Refrigerate overnight, covering when cooled. To serve, remove rim from springform pan. Serve with peaches. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Peachy Summer Cheesecake in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2017, p87