- STREUSEL TOPPING/FILLING:
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches
- Combine all streusel ingredients; set aside. In a large mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs. Combine all dry ingredients; add alternately with the sour cream and vanilla to the creamed mixture. Beat until smooth. Pour half the batter into a 9-in. springform pan. Sprinkle with 1 cup of the streusel. Top with remaining batter and 1/2 cup streusel. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Arrange peaches over cake; sprinkle with remaining streusel. Bake an additional 30-40 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool cake 10 minutes before removing sides of pan. Serve warm or at room temperature. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forPeachy Sour Cream Coffee Cake
"We topped this off with whipped topping and had it for dessert!! It was wonderful!!"
"probably I´d make again or maybe not, as someone says I will put the peaches in the middle. As it says the recipe don´t do it. you must bake 45-50min the cake and then put the peaches and maybe 10-15min baking, because like the recipe says the cake was plummy but the taste is good but didn´t cooked good..."
"Took far less time to bake than the recipe indicated. cake was cooked through at 30 minutes in and the peaches just fell off the top. If I make it again, I think I will incorporate the peaches in the middle layer of topping, instead of trying to put them on the top of the cake. Also used sunflower seeds instead of pecans in the topping and baked in a bundt pan as I didn't have a tube pan."
"This was delicious. Not too sweet and a great peachy flavor. Time consuming to make but well worth it."
"Delicious, flavorful, moist! It's a little time-consuming, and we'd like to incorporate more peaches. We used a springform pan instead of a tube pan."