Peachy Shrimp Tacos
"With three always-on-the-go teens, we often only have about 10 minutes to prepare dinner. This simple recipe has become a family favorite. You may use flour tortillas or even hard taco shells, but I like to use corn tortillas because of their slightly higher fiber content.” Fabulous flavor! Veronica Callaghan - Glastonbury, Connecticut
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup frozen unsweetened sliced peaches, thawed and diced
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Chinese or napa cabbage
- 6 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- In a large skillet, combine salsa and peaches over medium heat until warmed. Add shrimp and cilantro; cook and stir until heated through.
- Place 1/4 cupful cabbage down the center of each tortilla; top with a scant 1/2 cupful shrimp mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 taco: 165 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 115mg cholesterol, 308mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch.
Originally published as Quick and Sassy Peach Shrimp Tacos in Simple & Delicious January/February 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.