"With three always-on-the-go teens, we often only have about 10 minutes to prepare dinner. This simple recipe has become a family favorite. You may use flour tortillas or even hard taco shells, but I like to use corn tortillas because of their slightly higher fiber content.” Fabulous flavor! Veronica Callaghan - Glastonbury, Connecticut
Recommended: 68 Cinco de Mayo Party Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup frozen unsweetened sliced peaches, thawed and diced
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Chinese or napa cabbage
- 6 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- In a large skillet, combine salsa and peaches over medium heat until warmed. Add shrimp and cilantro; cook and stir until heated through.
- Place 1/4 cupful cabbage down the center of each tortilla; top with a scant 1/2 cupful shrimp mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Peachy Shrimp Tacos in Simple & Delicious January/February 2009, p33