“I adapted a peach sauce recipe, using it on top of frozen cinnamon rolls, for this quick breakfast,” Renae Jacobson explains from Elm Creek, Nebraska. “Fix them the night before and you can pop them into the oven as soon as you get up.”
Recommended: The 75 Best Ways to Enjoy Farmer's Market Peaches
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups frozen unsweetened sliced peaches, thawed and chopped
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 packages (19 ounces each) freezer-to-oven cinnamon rolls
- In a small saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; top with cinnamon rolls.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Drizzle with contents of frosting packets from the cinnamon rolls if desired. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Peachy Rolls in Simple & Delicious March/April 2006, p42