- 4 pork blade steaks (1/2 inch thick and 7 ounces each), trimmed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches in syrup, undrained
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, brown pork in oil; sprinkle with the basil, salt and pepper. Drain peaches, reserving syrup. Place peaches in a 5-qt. slow cooker; top with pork. In a small bowl, combine the syrup, vinegar and bouillon; pour over pork.
- Cover and cook on high for 1 hour. Reduce heat to low and cook 4 hours longer or until meat is tender. Remove pork and peaches to a serving platter; keep warm.
- Skim fat from cooking liquid; place liquid in a small saucepan. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into cooking liquid. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve the pork, peaches and sauce with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forPeachy Pork Steaks
"I was totally surprised that my family didn't like this dish as they love peaches.. It makes a beautiful presentation. We were given a quarter of a hog for Christmas and I have been searching various ways to fix it. I was told they would rather have it pan fried and served with BBQ sauce; I tried."
"It was a great receipe! Family loved it!"
"Sorry I meant electric skillet I think."
"This recipe is great! I have made one quite simular for years. I use the electric pan fryer instead at simmer. Love it! If you do it that way do not add the rice until about 20 minutes until done. I think I like the slow cooker better just because I can put it on and leave it alone to cook! I also add Lowrey salt and oregano."