Peachy Pork Chops
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped onion
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped celery
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 6 cups day-old cubed bread
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (8-1/2 ounces) sliced peaches, drained and diced
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 6 boneless pork chops (1-1/4 inches thick and 4 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Garlic salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup peach preserves
- In a large skillet, saute onion and celery in butter until tender; transfer to a large bowl. Add the bread, poultry seasoning, sage and pepper. Fold in the peaches. Combine the eggs, water and parsley; add to bread mixture; toss to coat.
- Cut a large pocket in the side of each pork chop; spoon stuffing loosely into pockets. Tie with string to secure stuffing if necessary. Brush chops with oil. Sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, brown chops on both sides. Place the remaining stuffing in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with chops. Spoon preserves over chops. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer or until meat juices run clear. If string was used, remove before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 serving (calculated without garlic salt): 493 calories, 26g fat (10g saturated fat), 152mg cholesterol, 393mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein.
Apr 25, 2011
The pork chops were so juicy and tender. Great combination of flavors!
Mar 4, 2010
This has to be the worst recipe I have ever made from a A Taste of Home. The spices don't jell. Horrible taste.
Sep 27, 2009
My daughter raved about this recipe when I made it! Now that she has her own apt, I copied it for her to make herself. I did use the soft bread cubes available Nov thru Dec and increased the peaches to a 15-16 oz can. I drained the peach juice into a measuring cup to = 1 cup (add water if you need to) instead of using just plain water. Also, I like to brown the chops before cutting the pockets, so you don't have to worry about the stuffing falling out. Great recipe for a special meal.