Peachy Dessert Pizza
We make dessert pizza as a tribute to summer. Using the last peaches from our windowsill, we cook them at our farewell barbecue before school begins. —Karen Kuebler, Dallas, Texas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-3/4 pounds ripe peaches, peeled and chopped (about 5 medium)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Additional fresh mint leaves, optional
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a large saucepan, combine peaches, sugar and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 8-10 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in mint, lemon zest and lemon juice. Mash peach mixture to desired consistency. Cool slightly.
- Brush both sides of crust with butter. Place crust on greased grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 2-3 minutes or until bottom is lightly browned.
- Remove from grill. Top grilled side with peach mixture. Return to grill; cook, covered, 2-3 minutes longer or until crust is heated through. If desired, sprinkle with additional mint leaves. Serve with ice cream.
Originally published as Grilled Peachy Dessert Pizza in Grill It 2016 Bookazine